Highland Village General Election

The next scheduled General Election for the City of Highland Village will be held on Saturday, May 6, 2017 for the purpose of electing members of City Council to Place 3, Place 5 and Place 7 to serve two year terms.  During Early Voting, registered voters may cast their ballot at any Early Voting polling site.  On Election Day, registered voters must vote at their assigned precinct location.  Additional details regarding Early Voting and Election Day information will be coming soon.

For additional information, you may also visit the Denton County Elections website or call (940) 349-3200. 

If you are interested in becoming a candidate in this election, please visit Candidate Information for further details and required forms.

Highland Village Election Notices:

Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot - General Election

Acceptable Forms of ID for Voting in Person

  1. Texas driver's license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
  2. Texas election identification certificate issued by DPS
  3. Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
  4. Texas license to carry a handgun issued by DPS
  5. United States military identification card containing the person's photograph
  6. United States citizenship certificate containing the person's photograph
  7. United States passport
Note: With the exception of the United States citizenship certificate, the identification must be current or have expired no more than four years before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place.

Voters who do not possess and cannot reasonably obtain one of the seven forms of approved photo ID listed above have additional options at the polls.  You may visit the Denton County Elections website at the link provided below for further details.

You can also determine if you are registered to vote at the Denton County Elections website. If you have any questions regarding your voter registration, please call the Denton County Elections Division at (940) 349-3200.