Please visit our Employment Opportunities page for current full time openings and to apply online. Online application access is also available weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Municipal Complex located at:
1000 Highland Village Road
Highland Village, TX 75077
Available Part Time Positions
Recreation Intern - Part Time Temporary Position
$10.00 per hour; Hours will vary depending upon school requirements.
This position is a temporary internship under direction of the Recreation Coordinator. You will provide support in planning, organizing and providing supervision and oversight for assigned recreation activities, services, special events, classes, camps, field trips and programs. There will also be opportunities to conducted outreach and marketing activities with users, donors, sponsors and community groups and you will perform related work as required. Recreation/Special Events Interns are expected to exercise a high degree of expertise, initiative and independent decision-making to insure customer satisfaction.
- High school diploma or GED
- Course work at a four-year University in Recreation Administration, Physical Education, Leisure Services or a related field.
- Ability to interact with guests, parents, and participants in a positive and professional manner, utilizing excellent guest service standards.
- Ability to assist as needed in the office; developing phone etiquette, program financials, answering customer inquiries, using ActiveNet (online membership and registration system).
- Prepare a variety of reports and other documents such as operating, activity and statistical reports, promotional materials and agenda items; presents materials to interested groups
- Assist with promotion of department programs and activities including: email/text updates, design program fliers, and assist with developing seasonal program guide.
- Monitors program activities, including ensuring activities are running smoothly and responds to questions and complaints.
- Must submit to and pass pre-employment drug test
- Valid Class C Driver’s License with a good driving record as defined by City Policy
To Apply for Part Time Positions
Submit a completed application to Human Resources or fax to (972) 966-2178.
Applications are considered for open positions only. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of our team at the City of Highland Village. The City of Highland Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer.