Highland Village General Election - May 1, 2021
The Highland Village City Council is composed of a Mayor and six Council members. The Mayor and Council are elected at-large and represent the entire community. The next scheduled General Election for the City of Highland Village will be held on Saturday, May 1, 2021 for the purpose of electing members of City Council to Places 3, 5 and 7 to serve two year terms.
The City Secretary’s Office will accept applications from qualified persons interested in running for any of the above referenced places during the filing period designated by state law, as shown below. During the filing period, the City Secretary’s Office will receive applications at the Highland Village Municipal Complex, located at 1000 Highland Village Road, during regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding City holidays.
|Filing Period for the May 1, 2021 General Election - Places 3, 5 and 7|
|First Day to File for Place on the Ballot:|
(108th day before Election)
|January 13, 2021|
|Last Day to File for Place on the Ballot:|
(78th day before Election)
|February 12, 2021|
If you are interested in running for office, you will find additional information and the required forms on the Candidate Information link on the City’s website or by contacting the City Secretary’s Office at (972) 899-5132.
Highland Village General Election Notifications
To be eligible to be a candidate, a person shall:
1. be a United States citizen;
2. be 18 years of age or older;
3. be a qualified and effectively registered voter of the City;
4. have not been determined by a final judgement of a court to be mentally incapacitated;
5. have not been convicted of a felony from which the candidate has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
6. have resided within the corporate limits of the City for the twelve consecutive months prior to the date of election;
7. not file for more than one office or position number per election; and
8. satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law or be disqualified by reason of any provision of any other section of the City Charter.
For the May 1, 2021 General Election, polling locations will be determined in March of 2021 by the Denton County Elections Administrator.
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas election identification certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas license to carry a handgun issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport
Note: With the exception of the United States citizenship certificate, the identification must be current or have expired no more than four years before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place.
Voters who do not possess and cannot reasonably obtain one of the seven forms of approved photo ID listed above have additional options at the polls. You may visit the Denton County Elections website at the link provided below for further details.
You can also determine if you are registered to vote at the Denton County Elections website. If you have any questions regarding your voter registration, please call the Denton County Elections Division at (940) 349-3200.